This will be an on-going post. I don’t have 50 good things yet but I’ll keep adding until I get there. If you’re in your 40′s or close to 50, please send me your ideas and I’ll add them to the list!
1. You look better if you’re not too thin.
2. You’re finally at a place where you don’t care what other people think.
3. You can talk about sex and no one thinks you’re a slut.
4. You are happy for (rather than jealous of) young, super-cool women who are really pretty and have good jobs
5. You’ve already had kids and don’t have to be pregnant again.
6. You look better if you’re not too thin.
7. Sitting on the couch and watching HBO is fun.
8. You are able to stop drinking before you throw up.
9. You review history because it’s interesting.
10. You are able to say “no.”
11. You are able to forgive yourself for all of the stupid mistakes you made in your twenties.
12. You genuinely want to help others (or you should).
13. You know you’re okay the way you are, or you’re getting there….
15. You understand that life is not easy but it’s good.
This is all I have so far… I turn 49 on Monday which is blah. But 50? I can’t wait!